With the COVID rates escalating before Christmas, we were worried all our festive plans would be thrown into disarray. Thankfully not. We were able to host a full schedule of fun for residents. Complete with entertainers outside in the garden, or marquee, or in the conservatory. All events were risk assessed and in compliance of COVID rules and regulations. Here is some of what we got up to! But first ….
Thank you to our team
We are really proud and honoured to be awarded and reaccredited with The Platinum Award for End Of Life Care at this years Gold Standards Framework Awards 2021. A huge congratulations to all of our fantastic team at Summerdyne for their continued hard work and dedication.
A BIG THANK YOU to Team Summerdyne for going the extra mile and made Christmas so special for our residents. In particular, Nancy who handmade stockings for each of our residents which were filled with goodies on Christmas morning. Also Jess, who achieved her Care Certification with us in November. She was Mrs Claus on Christmas Day delivering gifts to all of our residents that she paid for herself.
Thank you to our local community
Thank you to our local community for your generosity donating gifts for our “Give a Gift, Raise a Smile Campaign”. This was in support of Acorns Children’s Hospice in Worcester. It has been so rewarding to help this amazing cause.
We also had tremendous support for our Christmas Prize Draw Raffle raising money for our Residents Fund.
- We created our own festive cocktails and mocktails for the Lakeland Dairies Cocktail Competition. This was in conjunction with National Activity Providers Association. The Snowball brought back memories of family gatherings at Christmas and the Amaretto of marzipan sweets and Christmas cakes.
- Our Knit and Natter Group made gorgeous Festive Friends. Knitted reindeer and gingerbread men. We hid them around Bewdley as treats for our local community. We had such lovely comments on our Facebook page from those people lucky enough to find one.
- Our residents were treated to some fantastic singing from the students of St Anne’s CE Primary School. They chose their favourite Christmas carols and also sung Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing’ & ‘A Million Dreams’ from The Greatest Showman.
- There were evening carols from Stourport Choral. A compilation of rock and roll classics and plenty of dancing from Ukes On The Edge. Plus a performance from Anna & Jo with their most beautiful instrumental take on some familiar Christmas classics.
- And it wouldn’t be Christmas without a Panto from Tickled Pink Productions with their Best of Christmas Panto. All the “Boos” and “He’s Behind You” certainly got everyone in the festive mood (“Oh, yes it did!“)