We are welcoming back entertainers to our patio and hosting a summer spectacular for our residents. It couldn’t have been kicked off better than with the amazing performance of the England football team in the Euros. We joined the nation cheering on the team and were swept up in football fever. Our home was festooned with bunting and we crafted some great picture windows.
We also watched some exhilarating tennis and had a strawberry cream tea and jugs of Pimms for the men’s final. So Wimbledon and so West Eaton!
Next, it’s the Tokyo Olympics and we shall be having our own mini-Olympics with themed fitness sessions and garden games.
Our summer spectacular
We have a jam packed diary of entertainment through the summer.
- Carol Rees Jones, travelled all the way from Aberystwyth with her two lovely dogs. Such classics as ‘Que Sera Sera’ and ‘Show me the way to Amarillo’ got us all singing along and playing percussion. This was a perfect accompanied to our French dining day to mark Bastille Day. Carol is back by popular demand in August.
- 15th July: We are having a drumming workshop with Bym.
- 19th July: Ice cream day – hopefully to coincide with the long awaited sunshine!
- 20th July: Melissa Hollick is back with her vintage vocal nostalgia from the 1940’s and 50’s.
- 5th August: Eddie Graham’s special requests singing and playing the keyboard.
- 6th August: International Beer Day with tastings and bar snacks.
- 12th August: National Vinyl Record Day.
- 15th August: VJ Day commemoration with music from Simon Addison, The Herefordshire Piper