We are having a cracker of a Christmas, quite literally, as you can see from the cover picture of Rachel Hyde!
Here are some of our Christmas activities so far….. and still nearly a week until Christmas Day.
The time for giving
This year our residents have been hands on at every stage of making individually wrapped Christmas cakes. These were for our Christmas party and also as gifts for their families and friends.
Back in November, they helped make the cakes. Then, after the cakes maturing for a few weeks, they covered them in marzipan and made tiny fondant flower decorations. The last stage was icing, decorating and gift wrapping. These make such fabulous and thoughtful gifts.
The time for sharing
There has been a lovely feeling of togetherness at West Eaton over these festive weeks. We have enjoyed lots of activities and entertainment.
- The children from Ivington School enchanted us with their singing voices, staging a carol concert in our lounge.
- Thank you to Dee for bringing her talented musician friends to West Eaton. There is something special about hearing a brass band and the acoustics in our conservatory made the music sound tremendous.
- Our Christmas concert with Rachel Hyde was a cracker. She is a wonderful entertainer and our residents loved her Christmas cracker outfit!
- Lyn from Beat It Percussion held one of her regular drumming sessions. A gentle beat has an amazing affect on people, giving them a quiet calm and relaxing experience.
- Faye from Xpress-Yourself at DanceMagicDance also visited, for some gentle stretching and exercise – Christmas themed of course!
- Corinne brought in her cello, to treat us to a choral concert.
- There was gardening therapy with Angie, making pine cone Christmas trees and table centres.
- And of course a visit from Father Christmas himself!
The time for believing
We had a beautiful Christmas songs of praise Church service. Our residents took part in a traditional nativity and we remembered the Christmas story and the true meaning of Christmas.
Kath and Pauline also had a lovely visit to Bromyard Church Festival of Christmas Trees.
The time for receiving
This month, we have awarded 5 people with their care certificates and wish them all the best in their careers in care. It was a very proud moment at West Eaton.
The time for being thankful
Thank you to everyone at our home, families, friends and our local community, who helped make our Christmas Party a huge success.There was music from Dave Beale, with Rodger singing and on the harmonica. Thank you to Tracey Powell for the delicious buffet.
We raised £821 for our residents’ fund from the raffle and stalls. This will go towards lovely treats and activities for our residents in 2019.
From all of us at West Eaton, thank you for all your support throughout 2018.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.