It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Summerdyne and we haven’t even reached Christmas yet! We are delighted to announce our success at The Great British Care Awards and all our Christmas plans.
Award winners at The Great British Care Awards
A huge congratulations to Rosemary Johnson who won The Covid Hero Award at the West Midlands Regional Great British Care Awards 2022. She will be returning next year for the National Finals.
Other members of our team also reached the finals in their care categories at The Regional Great British Care Awards 2022, namely Lydia Bowen, Rachel Bray, Paula Lees and Lianne Harrison. Michael was also ‘Highly Commended’ at the same awards night for Activity Co-ordinator of the Year. So wonderful for our team to have this recognition and the awards dinner and dance was a brilliant night out!
Congratulations also to Michael, our Lifestyle and Wellbeing lead, who won the Leadership Category at The National Activity Providers Association’s Awards2022. Thoroughly deserved!
Thank you to all of our team who work so hard to deliver person centred care and enable residents to live their lives at Summerdyne. You are all amazing!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year….
…for a Magical Mystery Tour!
Our first trip on our new minibus was to the Wharton Park Golf & Country Club Christmas Fayre. Residents enjoyed browsing the stalls and buying their Christmas cards as well as treating themselves to something new. We had time to sit and enjoy a nice cuppa whilst taking in the views of the golf course from the terrace. We also recently visited The Wyre Forest, Habberley Valley, Kidderminster and Bewdley.
New Magical Mystery Tour dates: November 16th, 28th & December 7th and 12th
For Halloween fun
Residents enjoyed a day of tricks and treats, a visit by our very own “Harvin the Pumpkin” and Ruby, Rachel, Nacy and Rose The Wicked Witches! Lots of fun playing Ghosts and Ladders, which did get a little competitive at times too!
Christmas events for the diary
- Friday 11 November – St Anne’s Primary School Choir will be visiting.
- Monday 14 November – Visit to Webbs Garden Centre.
- Thursday 17 November – Armchair Fitness with Matt from FITNNISS.
- Monday 21 November – Reflexology and Massage with Belinda.
- Thursday 24 November – Birds of Prey Visit with Wye Valley Falconry.
- Monday 5 December – Visit to Webbs Garden Centre.
- Thursday 8 December – Mince pie making in the dining room.
- Wednesday 14 December – Mince pie making in the dining room.
- Thursday 15 December – St Anne’s Primary School Christmas Choir.
- Monday 19 December – Sing along fun with Ukes on the Edge, Ukulele Band.
- Wednesday 21 December – Residents Christmas Party with the Bluebird Belles.
- Tuesday 20 December – Staff perform the 12 Days of Christmas for Residents.
- Friday 23 December – Christmas Gifts given out by our Secret Santa.
Stourport Operatic Society will also be visiting for Carol Singing – date TBC
After the success of our appeal last year for Acorns Children’s Hospice, this year we would like our community to come together once again to support older, more vulnerable adults living in our communities. Please donate to us gift items for vulnerable adults living in the Wyre Forest area. This is in affiliation with KEMP Hospice and Age UK. See our Facebook link for full details. https://www.facebook.com/summerdynenursinghome/