Would you like to join our team as a Housekeeper? Are you cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy? You would be a valued team member, key in maintaining our rigorous infection control standards. Helping create a homely environment for our residents is also important. You would be working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care. Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their home.
Role: Housekeeper / Cleaner.
Location: A care home within the Heritage Manor Group: Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Essex locations – depending on availability.
Hourly Rate: Salary based on relevant experience and skill.
Hours: Shifts on a weekly rota basis with some weekend work.
Experience not essential: We welcome all candidates, whether or not you have housekeeping experience.
To Apply: Please click on the Would You Like To Join Our Team icon to the right, fill in a few details and Pippa our HR Manager will call you back.
We require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this role and will cover this cost.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a caring environment and be part of a strong team. This is our residents’ home and we value both staff and residents as individuals.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. Treating everyone with respect and dignity is key to how we work.
For full details of benefits available including employee assistance and discounts, Private Healthcare Scheme and Pension scheme, click here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/benefits/
What will you be doing as a Housekeeper?
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone with a genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- You will be a Housekeeper / Cleaner.
- You will be working as part of a team of nurses, carers, activity coordinators and kitchen staff, to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within our home.
- Cleanliness of the home needs to be kept to a high standard. We have a rigorous infection control and COVID-19 policy which you must strictly adhere to. Please ask our HR Manager Pippa for full details.
- Health and Safety must be strictly adhered to and you must keep records.
- You will get to know the residents whilst cleaning all areas of the home. You will become familiar with their rooms and how each resident likes their things arranged. Helping them and the Home team create a homely environment.
- You will undertake the laundry for the home including residents. You will be aware and thoughtful of each residents needs. For example, having a special outfit washed and ready for an occasion.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents.
- You will be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy.
“I love my job because it makes me feel good at the end of the day. The variety of my job ensures that no two days are the same. I have an opportunity to meet great people every day and, for me, it is a good reason to come to work every day.” Head Housekeeper at Newstead
Heritage Manor and our care homes
Heritage Manor, established in 1995, is a small privately-owned local group of care homes.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit our homes at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our homes, to see if this is the role for you. Please see the Facebook pages for each of our homes.
Our mission statement “To provide warm and friendly care within a homely environment, delivered by well trained and motivated staff, to enable residents to live their lives“
We look forward to hearing from you.