At Heritage Manor we have a dedicated Training Manager, Charlie Bitchenor, to support staff with their ongoing Continuing Professional Development and career progression.
Every three years all staff are required to undertake Basic Life Support mandatory training. This is in line with the Resuscitation Council (UK) 2015 guidelines, the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Basic Life Support Training
The Basic Life Support training course covers, among other things Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Each learner is shown how to perform CPR using a resuscitation Annie mannequin. They can then practice CPR technique on the model. The model is sanitized between each learner with antibacterial wipes to comply with Infection Prevention & Control measures.
- Check Airways are open and clear of obstruction with a head tilt and chin lift movement.
- Check for Breathing. This is by placing your ear over their mouth to listen for breaths, feel any breaths on your cheek and looking at the chest wall to see if it is rising, for 10 seconds.
- How to deliver effective Chest compressions. The various ways to hold your hands in positions over the resuscitation Annie to practice chest compressions.
- How to deliver effective rescue breaths.
- Why it is important to continue CPR and knowing when to stop.
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position.
For details of all training available and career progression opportunities at Heritage Manor, please speak to our HR manager Pippa Vicary.