Would you like to join our team working in home maintenance? Are you cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy? You would be playing a key role in providing a homely environment for residents. You would be a valued team member, working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care. Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their home.
Location: A care home within the Heritage Manor Group: Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Essex locations – depending on availability.
Hourly Rate: Salary based on relevant experience and skill.
Hours: Full time.
To Apply: Please click on the Would You Like To Join Our Team icon to the right, fill in a few details and Pippa our HR Manager will call you back.
We require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this role and will cover this cost.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a caring environment and be part of a strong team. This is our residents’ home and we value both staff and residents as individuals.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. Treating everyone with respect and dignity is key to how we work.
For full details of benefits available including employee assistance and discounts, Private Healthcare Scheme and Pension scheme, click here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/benefits/
What will you be doing in Home Maintenance ?
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone with a genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- You will be working in maintenance of our home, both the interior, exterior and gardens. Creating a homely environment for residents to enjoy. For example, hanging pictures in residents rooms where they would like them to go, helping build props for events, such as a tiki bar or garden troughs, maintaining fish tanks.
- You will be working as part of a team of nurses, carers, activity coordinators and kitchen staff, to maintain our home.
- Health and Safety are very important and you will have to keep records.
- You will get to know the residents whilst maintaining all areas of the home. Residents may wish to help with DIY, such as painting their room or discuss hobbies with you. Our ethos is about enabling residents to live their lives.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents.
- You will be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy.
Heritage Manor and our care homes
Heritage Manor, established in 1995, is a small privately-owned local group of care homes.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit our homes at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our homes, to see if this is the role for you. Please see the Facebook pages for each of our homes.
Our mission statement “To provide warm and friendly care within a homely environment, delivered by well trained and motivated staff, to enable residents to live their lives“
We look forward to hearing from you.