Would you like to join our care home group as a chef / kitchen assistant? Are you cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy? If you enjoy cooking wholesome family meals and want to create a home from home environment for our residents, we may have a role for you. You would be a valued team member, working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care. Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their home.
Providing nutritious home cooked family meals is a key part of our ethos. We believe that food plays a central part in the health and happiness of our residents and have written an article about this on our website. The link is here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/2018/01/importance-nourishment-elderly-body-soul/
Chef or kitchen assistant role
Role: Chef / kitchen assistant
Location: A care home within the Heritage Manor Group: Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Essex locations – depending on availability.
Hourly Rate: Salary based on relevant experience and skill.
Hours: Various hours available per week working alternate weekends.
Qualification: Basic Food Hygiene. However, we welcome all candidates as we are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
To Apply: Please click on the Would You Like To Join Our Team icon to the right, fill in a few details and Pippa our HR Manager will call you back.
We require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this role and will cover this cost.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a caring environment and be part of a strong team. This is our residents’ home and we value both staff and residents as individuals.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. Treating everyone with respect and dignity is key to how we work.
For full details of benefits available including employee assistance and discounts, Private Healthcare Scheme and Pension scheme, click here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/benefits/
What will you be doing as a Chef / Kitchen Assistant?
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone with a genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- You will be working as part of a team of nurses, carers, activity coordinators and management within our home.
- Kitchen cleanliness of the home needs to be kept to a high standard. We have a rigorous infection control and COVID-19 policy which you must strictly adhere to. This is alongside Food Hygiene standards. Please ask our HR Manager Pippa for full details.
- You will get to know the residents, regularly consulting with them about their favourite foods and incorporating their ideas and requests into the menu.
- You will be aware of each residents diet regime, any allergies and health requirements.
- Should residents wish to do hands on with baking, washing up, making tea, you will assist them alongside the carers and lifestyle team. Supporting our ethos that residents should be enables to live their lives as they wish.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents.
- You will be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy.
- Preparing nutritious wholesome meals for the residents at the Home. Everything from light bites and soup in the evening, to three course hearty lunches.
- You should budget for the catering for the home.
- You will liaise this the team to make cakes for birthdays and occasions, cooking for themed events and activities.
- Residents have an allotment area in the garden and you shall incorporate their home grown produce into the menus. Cooking with seasonal produce and from first principles.
Kitchen assistant responsibilities
- You will work with the Chef to prepare a cooked lunch.
- During the day you will help with food preparation, filling and emptying the dishwasher, keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
- The Chef will prepare soup for the evening meal and you will prepare sandwiches and any required finger food (eg salads)
- You will work with the carers to prepare drinks and serve up meals
Heritage Manor and our care homes
Heritage Manor, established in 1995, is a small privately-owned local group of care homes.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit our homes at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our homes, to see if this is the role for you. Please see the Facebook pages for each of our homes.
Our mission statement “To provide warm and friendly care within a homely environment, delivered by well trained and motivated staff, to enable residents to live their lives“
We look forward to hearing from you.