We are often looking for care assistants at our Heritage Manor homes. Are you interested in working in care? Are you cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy? You would be a valued team member, working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care. The role is as much about spending time with residents, helping them enjoy life to the full, as well as supporting their everyday care needs. Our residents’ health and happiness is at the heart of everything we do. Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their home. If you share this mind set and want a career with progression opportunities and a sense of fulfilment, a care assistant could be the role for you.
Care assistant role
Role: Day or Night Care Assistant
Location: A care home within the Heritage Manor Group: Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Essex locations.
Hourly Rate: Minimum £8.72 but increasing dependent on qualifications and experience.
Hours: Day shifts or night shifts, full or part time, working on a rota basis
Qualification: Work towards NVQ 2 and 3
To Apply: Please click on the Would You Like To Join Our Team icon to the right, fill in a few details and Pippa our HR Manager will call you back.
We require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this role and will cover this cost.
For full details of benefits available including employee assistance and discounts, Private Healthcare Scheme and Pension scheme, click here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/benefits/
You will receive full support, induction and training. This includes regular mandatory training, as well as other training opportunities for career progression. We also offer peer mentoring for new starters to help you settle into the role. Click here to read more https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/the-heritage-manor-mentoring-scheme/
What will you be doing as a care assistant?
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in working within a caring environment.
- You will work as part of a team of nurses, carers, activity co-ordinators, housekeeping and kitchen staff.
- We believe in person-centred care and you will get to know the residents and support them in all aspects of their care needs. Residents’ well-being is important and your role includes helping them maintain their independence wherever possible. However, you may also be supporting them with washing, personal care and dressing. Residents comfort and dignity are paramount. Also, recognising that a resident’s needs may change over time and supporting their mental as well as physical well-being.
- Assisting residents who need help during meal times and helping the kitchen staff to serve food and drinks.
- You will use our electronic care planning system to follow personal care plans and add daily records.
- Additional monitoring and support may be needed for some residents with dementia.
- Along with the nursing team, you will assist in the end of life care of residents who are terminally ill, ensuring dignity and respect.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents, be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy.
- You will receive full support and training to allow you to carry out your day to work and achieve required qualifications.
If you have a heartfelt consideration of individuals’ needs, comforts and happiness, are game for a laugh and want a fulfilling role, then working in care could be for you.
“What I like about care is having an extended family to love and care for” carer at Newstead
Heritage Manor and our care homes
Heritage Manor, established in 1995, is a small privately-owned local group of care homes.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit our homes at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our homes, to see if this is the role for you. Check out each homes Facebook page which are regularly updated with lots of activities and news.
Our mission statement “To provide warm and friendly care within a homely environment, delivered by well trained and motivated staff, to enable residents to live their lives“