The administrator of a Heritage Manor home is the welcoming face and cheerful voice of the home. Are you warm, friendly and compassionate? Working in a care environment you would be the first port of call for enquiries to the home. You would be answering all telephone calls coming into the home. You would be seated in the reception area of the home and welcome guests, families and friends. Families looking for a care home for a loved one are often anxious and need reassurance and clarity. Your role would be key in the interaction of family and the home and a link to the Home Manager and Deputy. You would be supporting the Home Manager with administration for recruitment, staff pay, staff rotas and the Home finances.
You would be a valued team member, working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care.
Role: Care Home administrator
Location: A care home within the Heritage Manor Group: Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Essex locations.
Hourly Rate: Competitive rate dependent on qualifications and experience.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday
Qualification: Microsoft Office and computing skills, confidence in answering calls and relaying information. A knowledge of Adult Social Care funding would be an advantage
To Apply: Please click on the Would You Like To Join Our Team icon to the right, fill in a few details and Pippa our HR Manager will call you back.
We require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this role and will cover this cost.
For full details of benefits available including employee assistance and discounts, Private Healthcare Scheme and Pension scheme, click here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/benefits/
You will receive full support, induction and training. This includes regular mandatory training, as well as other training opportunities for career progression. We also offer peer mentoring for new starters to help you settle into the role. Click here to read more https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/training/the-heritage-manor-mentoring-scheme/
What will you be doing as an administrator?
We need a professional and friendly administrator to support all aspects of the Home along with the Manager and Deputy. You must be able to multitask in this busy working environment and be able to work on you own initiative.
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone with a genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Knowledge of Adult Social Care funding would be an advantage.
- Seated in the reception area, you will welcome guests, family and friends to the Home as well as answering all telephone calls coming into the Home.
- You will liaise with Head Office and ensure that all finances, invoices and payments are accurate and up to date.
- You will work with the Manager to recruit staff and to keep the staffing details of about 40 staff up to date.
- Supporting the Home Manager with administration for recruitment, staff pay, staff rotas and the Home finances.
- Working with the team of nurses and carers you will support the admission and departures of residents and maintain records and contracts
- Marketing the home on social media by helping to keep the Facebook page up to date with stories and some monitoring of Google.
- Marketing the home by helping to keep family and community contact lists up to date on social media platforms.
- You must be able to use Microsoft Office as well as be a key user of our internal programmes for finances and staff attendance.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents, be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy
“This is the first time I have worked in the Care sector and I love it! This role is extremely rewarding if you are caring, compassionate, friendly and wanting to make a difference. I am able to actively ensure the smooth running of the administration as well as being a support system for Roddy, the Home Manager, our precious residents and the amazing staff.” Charmaine, Administrator at West Eaton
“I enjoy the variety of my day. I mostly love the people. We work well as a team and the residents and their families are an absolute delight.” Administrator at Newstead
Heritage Manor and our care homes
Established in 1995, Heritage Manor is a small privately-owned group of care homes.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent and we value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit our homes at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our homes, to see if this is the role for you. Each home has a Facebook page which is regularly updated with events and activities.
Our mission statement “To provide warm and friendly care within a homely environment, delivered by well trained and motivated staff, to enable residents to live their lives“