We are looking for a lifestyle and well-being co-ordinator to join our West Eaton team. If you want to make a difference to our residents lives, bringing smiles to their faces and happiness to their hearts, this could be the role for you.
The role of Lifestyle and well-being co-ordinator
Location: West Eaton Nursing Home
Hours: 35 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £8.70 – £9.20 depending on experience
To apply please call our HR manager Pippa Vicary on 01905 821 388.
What will you be doing as a Lifestyle and well-being co-ordinator?
We need you to create a stimulating and developing activity programme to enhance the quality of life for our residents. This will involve planning, organising and coordinating activities each week for residents’ active daily living, in groups and individually. You would need to liaise with local entertainers and groups to book visits to our home. Also, to liaise with providers of fitness classes and promote health and well-being. You would be the contact for local schools and groups to bring inter-generational events to our home and a stimulating range of experiences. We would want you to promote the homes involvement in the local community and plan, organise and accompany our residents on external outings.
You would be supporting our residents emotional and mental well-being, spending time getting to know each resident, thereby ensuring you know their likes and dislikes, hobbies and interests. One to one time is important and listening to residents. Person centred care is central to our beliefs and our ethos of “You don’t stop having fun when you get old, you get old when you stop having fun”.
We would want you to support residents to continue living full and happy lives, throughout their days. The role goes beyond providing just activities. We want you to know what makes each resident happy on a day to day basis. This is their home and we want our friendly, homely environment to shine through so our residents feel comfortable, relaxed and happy. They should be able to do all the things they would do at home, at our home.
- First and foremost you must be genuinely interested in working within a caring environment.
- You will complete a Life History for each resident to get to know them so that you can plan appropriate person centred activities.
- You will book activities on a regular basis and plan and annual calendar of events.
- We would like you to be proactive and creative with new ideas for activities, events and daily events.
- You will work as part of a team of nurses, carers, housekeeping and kitchen staff getting to know the residents and promoting the resident’s independence wherever possible to ensure that they retain their comfort and dignity.
- At all times you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents, be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy
- You would be involved in the marketing of the Home and keeping the Facebook page up to date with stories of activities and pictures. https://www.facebook.com/westeatonhome/
- Full support and training will be given to you to allow you to carry out your day to work and to achieve required qualifications.
- Full support, induction and training will be provided. This includes regular mandatory training as well as other training opportunities
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered Heritage Manor.
- Refer a Friend Scheme with financial reward.
- Opportunities to work additional shifts
- Pension Scheme
- Locally respected care provider
- Employee Assistance Service offering a 24/7 Counselling and Advice Line.
- Employee Discounts and Savings from over 600 retailers. Savings from big brands like M&S, Sainsbury’s, Boots, B&Q, Debenhams and many more.
- Private Health Care Scheme which provides money back for Dental, Optical and Therapy treatments. Also Private Consultations and MRI scans. (after 1 year of service)
- free refreshments, uniform and parking on site.
Heritage Manor is a small privately owned local group of 6 care home, providing care since 1995.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Every team member has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit West Eaton at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our home, to see if this is the role for you.
If you would like to visit, please call our home manager Roddy Ferguson on 01568 610395.
- Pippa Vicary, HR Manager
- 01905 828116