This job has closed Search Latest Jobs
We are looking for a Care Assistant to join us.
You would be a valued team member, working for a locally respected care provider with a commitment to high quality care.If you want a rewarding team role at a happy and vibrant home, then this could be the job for you.
Check out our facebook page for lots of Abberton Manor news https://www.facebook.com/abbertonmanor/?ref=bookmarks
Role: Care Assistant
Location: Abberton Manor Nursing Home, Colchester
Hours: Day shifts, full or part time, working on a rota basis.
Hourly Rate: Minimum £8.00 dependent on qualifications and experience.
Qualification: We will help you work towards your NVQ 2 and 3
To Apply: Please send your CV to Libby Pearson Home Manager at [email protected] or telephone to ask for an application form on 01206 735590
- Private Health Care Scheme.
- Pension scheme available.
- Free refreshments
- Parking on site
- Full support, induction and training are provided to allow you to carry out your day to work. This includes regular mandatory training as well as other training opportunities.
- Training and development to achieve NVQ 2 and 3 qualifications.
- Your Enhanced DBS costs will be covered by Heritage Manor.
- Opportunities to work additional shifts.
What will you be doing as a Care Assistant?
First and foremost we are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in working within a caring environment.
- Your role will be part of a team of nurses and carers.
- You will get to know the residents and support them in all aspects of their care needs.
- Maintaining and promoting our resident’s independence wherever possible is key. At the same time, you will be supporting their washing, toileting and dressing to ensure they retain their comfort and dignity.
- You will use our electronic care planning system to follow personal care plans and add daily records.
- Some residents with dementia may be confused and need additional support and monitoring.
- Along with the nursing team, you will assist in the end of life care of residents who are terminally ill, ensuring dignity and respect.
- At all times, you will be aware of safeguarding our vulnerable residents.
- You will be cheerful and compassionate by nature, reliable and trustworthy.
Heritage Manor is a small privately owned group of 6 care home. We have been providing care since 1995.
Our reputation as a care provider across all our homes is excellent. We value our residents and staff as individuals. We treat everyone with dignity and respect and all staff must adhere to a company behaviour framework. Everyone has an important role in the health and happiness of our residents.
A high quality of care and staff engagement are really important to us. We welcome all candidates and are able to offer the opportunity to work towards the necessary qualifications.
We would like to invite and welcome you to visit Abberton Manor at any time during the recruitment process. That way, you can meet the team and get a feel for our home, to see if this is the role for you.
If you would like to visit, please call our Home Manager, Libby Pearson on 01206 735590
- Libby Pearson
- 01206 735590