When you think of Autumn, Halloween and Bonfire Night are the big occasions that come to mind. We did, of course, celebrate those, but it has been the many little moments that have made this Autumn special for our residents.
Enjoying the little moments
- Making apple pies with the biggest Bramleys you’ve ever seen.
- The biggest conkers too this year – or “obley onkers” as one of our ladies calls them!
- Throwing colourful leaves around our lounge and stirring memories of childhood. Check out the videos on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheLawnsOfficial/videos/pcb.3518567484858294/1094910330929213/
- One resident baked a beautiful three tier Victoria sponge for everyone to enjoy.
- We worked together to create our waterfall of poppies for Remembrance, which has been resplendent in our atrium reception.
- There were the three P’s for another resident; pumpkins, poetry and Pick N’Mix all in one day.
- Giggling at our staff attempting to hula hoop; and
- Creating our own fireworks display on our interactive iPad tables. Our grateful thanks go to the family of a wonderful gentleman who donated the money to purchase another table in his memory. Thank you for enabling more people to benefit from technology.
Life is better when you’re laughing
Nothing like a few high jinks and a spot of crazy fancy dress to make our residents laugh.
This month we had a jolly pirate afternoon: Feasting on tropical fruit salads and tropical tipples, digging for treasure and collecting shells. Also, some very amusing pirate games with some of our residents walking the plank to our desert island – avoiding the great white sharks and the high seas!
We celebrated World Animal Day, dressing up as intrepid explorers – who knew we could source so many animal species! (Thank you to our team for the cuddly toy animal donations to make this day such a giggle!). Residents chose their rescue animal and received a certificate of adoption whilst also learning about their animal, its food, where it comes from etc.
Creating memorable moments this Christmas
We are now thinking ahead to decorating our home for Christmas. How many trees this year? The one in our glass atrium reception last year was 20 feet high! We are looking forward to some festive cheer and welcoming family members back to our home, under the new Government COVID guidance. Please give us a call for more information.
Last Christmas, we welcomed family and our local community for a magical Candlelit Carol Service led by Reverend Mark Badger. Unfortunately, we cannot have carol singers inside this year, so we are joining forces with our sister Heritage Manor homes for our “We All Sing Together” project. This is being launched on Friday 13th November, being World Kindness Day and we would love you to be involved.
We are asking family, friends, bubble groups, staff and our local community to send us videos for them singing their favourite Christmas songs. We will then put together a video for our residents to enjoy over the festive period.
For all the information please click the link here https://www.heritagemanor.co.uk/2020/11/sing-together-christmas-community-project-2020/